Wednesday, July 28, 2010

From Mummy to Mrs V.

Yesterday I went back to my old job as a primary school teacher for the first time since leaving to become a mother. I contacted the school that I used to work at for around 5 years to find out if they had an relieving available. I felt quite confident at that stage and then my friend got back to me saying "Yes can you do a day next week?". I was surprised at how nervous I felt when my return to the classroom was becoming a reality! Anyway it was actually just an afternoon of teaching a class of Year 3/4 (7/8 year old) children. I enjoyed being back in my old role although I was a bit rusty and I think I need to brush up on some of my strategies like noise control and time management. I have to say though that neither of these was helped by the fact that another reliever didn't turn up so I ended up with that class in my room as well...wonder if I'll get paid double? haha

3 comments:

  1. yeah bet you don't! well done surviving that

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes im a teacher also and its been bout 2 years since ive taught and the thought of it is quite nerve wracking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!!!! You have your foot back in the door now so thats a good thing...loved having you guys to stay for the weekend...hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm always interested to hear your feedback on my posts and enjoy finding new people to visit so please leave a comment.