Friday, July 9, 2010

A Favourite Winter Meal-Recipe to Try

I thought I would share the recipe for this delicious meal that is one of my all time favourites.

Chicken and Brocolli in Mayonnaise Sauce
Boil a chicken and pull off the meat or poach about 3 chicken breasts and shred the meat.
Keep the cooking liquid to be used in the sauce.
Cook a large head of brocolli until tender. Butter a wide shallow dish and put brocolli and chicken in.
Make the Sauce:
Melt 2oz butter, stir in 2oz flour and 1 tablespoon of curry powder. Cook over a gentle heat for 1-2 minutes then gradually stir in 1 pint chicken stock (I use the liquid that I cooked the chicken in, adding a bit more water if needed and some powdered chicken stock if it needs a bit more flavour). Stir until boiling, remove from heat and add 300g evaporated milk, 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2oz grated cheese.
Pour sauce over chicken and brocolli and sprinkle with bread crumbs or crushed potato chips
Bake at 190 degrees for about 1/2 an hour or until bubbling and golden.
I like to serve this with steamed carrots and bolied or mashed potatoes. Definitely worth a try. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. oh Scrummy! That looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum might have to make that this week...good to see you blogging again and cooking you must be feeling heaps better XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I think I'll try this one soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm always interested to hear your feedback on my posts and enjoy finding new people to visit so please leave a comment.