Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thai Inspired Salad...well kinda

This was our dinner last night. It was loosely based on a recipe from the Edmonds Book called Thai Style Beef Salad. I say loosely based because there were a few ingredients I didn't have and some I'm not keen on so I sort of followed the vege part but used my own dressing and added toasted sesame seeds to garnish. Actually now I think about it there wasn't much in common between my salad and the one in the book but it was delicious anyway and I thought I would share the dressing recipe with you. I got it from Mum but I think it might be from Alison Holst.
Sesame Dressing
1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp wine/white vinegar
1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 Tbsp dijon or mild mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp balsamic vinegar if available
Measure all ingredients into a screw topped jar and shake together.

1 comment:

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm always interested to hear your feedback on my posts and enjoy finding new people to visit so please leave a comment.