Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Hate Shopping

Yes, you read that right. I hate shopping. In this case I'm talking about clothes shopping. With children in tow it is basically impossible so I took the chance yesterday, while one child was at preschool, to have a browse at some clothing shops.
When it comes to clothes shopping
I never know what I'm looking for as I set out so I don't really know where to head
I am a shocking procrastinator/decision maker so try on lots of things and often walk away with nothing
I would like to be adventurous with colour and patterns but tend to stick to plain colours
I always worry too much about the price and ask myself "do I really need this?"
I want to find items that are practical, comfortable but a little bit different so I get frustrated by the chain stores full of impractical, same-as-the-shop-next-door, fashionable-for-this-year-only, synthetic fibre garments
Grumble, grumble, grumble
I had just about given up hope yesterday when I wandered into an Ula store. I tried on a couple of items and being the indecisive person that I am I couldn't choose between two of the pieces and ended up buying both!












And look-they're bright and colourful and highly patterned...hope I will actually wear them then...
Just joking I'm pretty damned sure I will.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Especially love the first one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Fran, your lucky you are a slim young thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I haven't been proper shopping for aaaaages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean, I hate clothes shopping too, and I don't even have the excuse of dragging small kiddies around with me.
    Good choice.....lovely dresses.
    florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful dresses......I am with you on the whole shopping thing...i wish I could make everything myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look great! ... but i so get you on hating shopping! .... i'm really crap with fashion :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm always interested to hear your feedback on my posts and enjoy finding new people to visit so please leave a comment.