Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mid Week Meal-Meatballs

This is certainly not anything new or elaborate but just a reminder about an oldie but a goodie.
I always make up my meatball recipe as I go. Tonight they were: mince, a packet of onion soup, homemade tomato sauce, black pepper, rolled oats and chilli powder. Sometimes I add an egg, fresh herbs or onion.I brown them in a frypan then spread in a casserole dish. I then saute some onions in the frypan and add a tin of pasta sauce and a tin of tomatoes, a splash of soy sauce, some sugar and herbs (today it was parsley, oregano, and thyme). When it's bubbling I pour it over the meatballs and bake. When it's about 5 minutes from done I sprinkle some grated cheese over the top and grill till golden.
We kept it very simple tonight-just meatballs and spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm always interested to hear your feedback on my posts and enjoy finding new people to visit so please leave a comment.