Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mid Week Meal-Chicken Paprikash

This recipe is from Simon Holst's Pasta Cookbook

Chicken Paprikash
1 tsp oil
25g butter
1 diced onion
350g chicken breast, cut into 1cm slices
1 red or green capsicum, sliced
2T paprika
1/2-1T caraway seeds
1/2 dry white wine
1 cup sour cream
1T tomato paste
1tsp salt
Black pepper

Heat oil and butter in a large frypan. Add onion and saute until soft.
Stir in chicken and capsicum. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Add paprika and caraway seeds and saute for about 1 minute.
Stir in wine, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Stir in sour cream, tomato paste, salt and black pepper to taste.
Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Serve on rice or pasta such as ribbons or shells.

I didn't use caraway seeds as I didn't have any. I thought there needed to be a bit more sauce so I added more wine and some water. I served with rice. It had a delicious creamy texture and very yummy flavour. The kids didn't eat all that much but it was well enjoyed by the adults.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm always interested to hear your feedback on my posts and enjoy finding new people to visit so please leave a comment.