Saturday, February 4, 2012

From Plot to Pantry: Blueberry Muffins

 Unfortunately these sre not from my plot (I have three bushes that I am nursing to good health) but we are lucky to have a blueberry farm just a minute down the road. The girls and I went there today and picked a couple of ice-cream containers. It's a really peaceful activity. There were quite a few cars in the carpark and while we could here other voices we only saw two other people amogst the bushes. The girls munched away on freshly picked blueberries (liking them more than I had expected) and running up and down the rows and in and out of the bushes.
We came straight home and made them into muffins...
My favourite recipe is from Alison Holst's Marvellous Muffins

Best Blueberry Muffins
(adapted slightly)
2 cups flour
4tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup caster sugar
100g butter
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Melt butter. Whisk in egg and milk. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and blueberries. Fold everything together. Divide mixture between 12-16 medium muffin pans.
Bake at 220 degrees celcius for 12-15 minutes. If you used frozen berries they may need to cook a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. Left my Marvellous Muffins in NZ when we moved to Canada. Thanks for recipe!

    Christina @ De La Casa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm always interested to hear your feedback on my posts and enjoy finding new people to visit so please leave a comment.