Monday, December 20, 2010

Festive Fudge

I've been doing a bit of Christmas baking to put together as a little gift for some friends and neighbours. In the freezer I have chocolate and hazelnut truffles, gingernut and apricot square, chocolate shortbread and plain shortbread shapes. Today I made vanilla (haha as I wrote that I just realised I never put the vanilla in!!whoops) and cranberry fudge. I decided to try using a cutter to make it into star shapes. I was very pleased with the result.
Here's the recipe if you want to give it a go yourself
(it makes a really big batch so may want to halve it first time round)

Vanilla and Cranberry Fudge
600g white chocolate melts
50g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tin condensed milk (375g)
1 cup dried cranberries
Combine the chocolate, butter, vanilla and condensed milk in a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until thick and smooth. Stir in cranberries (mine were pretty big so I chopped them up first). Pour into a 20cm x 20cm greased or lined tray and refrigerate until hard. Cut into 36 squares or use a cookie/fondant cutter to cut into shapes.

2 comments:

  1. yum save some for us!!!
    Shame you haven't got the walnuts to make something walnutie they are still at my house!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm always interested to hear your feedback on my posts and enjoy finding new people to visit so please leave a comment.