Friday, January 28, 2011

Curried New Potatoes

As I think I have mentioned I LOVE potatoes, any which way. Here is a recipe for one way that I cook them. It is adapted from Alison Holst's Best Potato Recipes book
Saute 1 tsp curry powder and 1 chopped onion in 2T butter
Add about 6 medium new potatoes (chopped into chunks)
and 1 tsp instant chicken stock dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water (or you could use the real stuff)
Simmer gently for about 15 minutes. Add about 1/2 cup peas and 1/2 cup coconut cream.
 Simmer gently until potatoes are tender and sauce has thickened. Then if you like you can add 4-6 hardboiled eggs, roughly chopped.
If the sauce is a bit runny I add a bit of cornflour thickening.
This would probably be nice served on rice as a main dish but I usually serve as a side dish with sausages or other meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm always interested to hear your feedback on my posts and enjoy finding new people to visit so please leave a comment.